Mandatory: Register under the Associations Act with the Registration Division Department of Seychelles.
As stipulated in the Laws of Seychelles, under the current registration of Associations Act (Chapter 201- revised in 1991) all prospective CSOs must duly complete and submit application form, accompanied by the following supporting documents.
- Covering letter addressed to the registrar general
- The corporate name and place of business of the organisation / association
- The constitution of the organisation/ association
- The names, occupations and addresses of the Executive Committee Members
- Minutes of proceeding of meeting comprising the resolution of the members of the association appointing the Executive Committee Members
- The rules of the organisation / Association
Applications are usually evaluated and CSOs informed of the decision in writing, within seven working days. Once registered, the CSO is issued with a Registration Certificate.
Please note that no application fee is levied for the Registration of CSOs.
It is mandatory for all CSOs to:
- Provide details of any change to its Constitution and Executive Committee.
- Furnish the Registrar with a return of all Officers of the CSO and the annual audited accounts before the 31st January each year. Failure to comply shall result in a fine of Rs25 per day.