The National Platform for Civil Society Organisations in Seychelles welcomes applications from relevant Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) wanting to be a member. Applicants must fit within the accepted National Platform form CSOs definition of a CSO and not conflict with the constitution of the National Platform.
Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) refer to a wide of array of organizations: community groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), labour unions, sports associations, charitable organizations, faith-based organizations, professional associations, and foundations”.
In order to be considered for Membership Accreditation with CEPS, the CSO must:
- Be registered under the Registration Laws of Seychelles.
- CSOs may apply for associate and Corporate membership with CEPS, six months after registration with the Registration Division Department of Seychelles and must have a minimum of 10 members. Associate Membership is for CSOs that does not meet one or more conditions of a full member because of its nature.
- Members of associate and corporate CSOs shall not have voting rights and they shall not stand for elections or be office bearers of the National Platform. They may however be co-opted on sub-committees by the Board as it deems fit.
- Corporate membership is for any CSO which may also be involved in business undertakings.
- CSOs may apply for full membership one year after registration with the Registration Division Department of Seychelles and must have a minimum of 10 members. Full Members is for CSOs that are none for profit entity that has;
- Been registered under a national law and is fully functioning as such;
- It adheres to the goals and objectives of the National Platform;
- It subscribes to the code of ethics of the National Platform;
- Its legal structure allows for membership and;
- The governing Board is elected by its membership.
Use the links below to access the relevant membership application form.