Citizens Engagement Platform Seychelles (CEPS)
Consultancy – Expression of interest
The Citizens Engagement Platform –Seychelles (CEPS) is seeking the services of a suitably qualified consultant to undertake the following assignment: Elaborating a detailed project proposal for a conservancy, promoting the conservation of ecosystems, education, research and sustainable recreational activities in the area of Cap Ternay, on Mahé.
The assignment will be for 50 working days during the period 1st June to 31 August 2015.
The consultant will work in close collaboration with the CEPS project steering group and other partners to produce the proposal and related materials. The assignment will include:
- Undertaking a review of existing documentation and spatial plans of the site and compiling a brief report of its special assets.Consult with all relevant stakeholders to establish present policy directions, optimal uses of the various sections of the site, in line with stakeholders’ priorities.
- Establish a network of key contacts and conservation champions to promote and contribute to the project.
- Develop, with the assistance of key partners from the established network, detailed plans of the conservancy project.
- Determine the resources necessary to execute the project, and explore opportunities for funding.
- Undertake other relevant tasks and responsibilities, in line with the project brief.
General Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- University degree in relevant field
- Minimum of three years experience working in environment related fields.
- Passion for environmental preservation and best practice in sustainable development
- Research skills necessary to track and stay up-to-date on policy and other developments
- Adaptability to shifting policy situations and variable interests
- Excellent reporting and facilitator skills
- Fluent in English; sound knowledge of French and Kreol is an advantage.
Detailed terms of reference are available from the address below and on the CEPS website. Expressions of interest, including cover letter briefly outlining the proposed approach to be taken, and full CV should be sent to:
Mr Michel Pierre Manager –Projects, Citizens Engagement Platform- Seychelles
PO Box 885, Victoria, Mahe; Seychelles
Tel: (+248) 432 5550; (+248) 432 5552
Email: [email protected]
Closing date: 20th May 2015
(Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted)