As part of the transformation process from a Unit for Non-Governmental Organisation to a platform for Civil Society, LUNGOS is organising a two day Communication Training for all its members, on the 31 July & 1st August 2014, between 8.30 am – 4 pm.
The aim of the training is to strengthen NGO Communication capacity within a Civil Society Platform.
The Training will incorporate:
• Need for PR in Civil Society Management
• Communicating with target audiences
• Using the Media as an advocacy Tool
• The importance of media to the work of Civil society
• How to build media relations/contacts
• Creating a core message
• Being media savvy… Press release/press statement/press advisory
• Preparing for media interviews
• Press kits
• Being your own media (photos/social media/newsletter/ opinion pieces/news source etc)